Sunday, December 30, 2012

Recent Yelp review

"My first RV rental/trip, and I had a great experience with Family RV for my two kids, a grandma, and a few pop-ins.  Winter rental rates were very reasonable, I got a big Class-C (more RV than I could have gotten from Cruise America), and everything worked.  

When I picked it up, it was cleaned, prepped, tested, and the fridge was already cold (thanks, Steve).  There's plenty of paperwork to do, but they took me through it quickly and professionally (thanks Justin).  Online reservations were straightforward, but I'm a newbie so I called and they took care of everything over the phone (thanks, Donna).  They're serious about insurance so if you don't want to use theirs it's worth checking with your own insurance company ahead of time to make sure they provide the written verification of coverage.  If there's more than one driver, you'll need all of them to do this, too.  

They let me know ahead of time that I needed to make arrangements to have the RV cleaned inside and out when I returned it.  They'll do it for a (high) hourly service fee.  I did it myself, but at the end of a trip it would have been awfully nice to have the cleaning included for a more reasonable and predictable amount.  My first night there were a couple of things I wasn't sure about.  The person who had briefed me on how to operate it provided his cell number just in case.  I sent him a non-urgent text at about 11:45 PM not needing or expecting a call that night.  Steve called me back within ten minutes, walked me through the couple of questions I had, and walked me through a few more items just to be helpful.  It boosted my confidence and made the trip go very smoothly."  

"All in all, it was a great experience.  I'll go back to them, and I'll recommend them to my friends."