Wednesday, January 9, 2013


"A decision was made quickly. My wife desperately needed to see her family. We had just had an experience with Family RV in San Jose that was very positive so we thought we would “strike while the iron was hot” because I had the vacation time available and the funds to pull it off and rent another one from Family RV and drive it to Oregon for a visit....I was very nervous as the motor coach we were offered seemed like a behemoth. I had never driven anything quite so large and intimidating. After a few miles, however, the nervousness waned and I felt I was in control. We were off!...After the experience driving over the pass I was spent. I had been on the road all day and it was now dark. I looked for a place, anyplace, to stop. Truck stop, rest stop, it didn't matter. I found the Klamath rest area just south of the Oregon border. We pulled in and stopped. It was glorious. I had been on the road for 14 hours and we were grateful for the location. Out went the slides – all four of them. On went the generator and the furnace was cranked up. We set up a wide screen TV and put on a Hall & Oates music video. We stayed there until morning, cooked breakfast and hit the road again. ...Happily, all the slide outs worked and we did have space to move around. We decided just to make the most of it and not let the problems get us down. We had, after all, made it to Moms house and spent a wonderful Christmas there with family. ...So – how was the experience for us overall? It was great and we intend on renting again from Family RV in the future."