Monday, March 11, 2013

We received an update Kim Kubis, sounds like they are having a wonderful time experiencing the fun RV lifestyle:

Hi Alan. Just getting ready to take the wife, daughter and grand-daughter to Disney World in May. We took the RV to Newfoundland last summer and played tourist before we went to spend time with the in-laws. We had  a great time in Gross Morne National Park. Then we went to my mother-in law’s place. I just got the RV set up and was having my first beer when a guy in a pick-up showed up with some papers. I said “you look official!” and he said “I’m only the messenger” and handed me a $250.00 ticket for water ban by-law infringement. Lots more to this story but I need a few beers to tell it. I was able to resolve it and got my money back. Anyway, upon leaving for St. Johns, we got about 5 miles from my inlaw’s and the RV just died. I got pulled into back and had the “best minds” in the bay try an fix it. No luck. I had to have it ‘recovered’ to the only  Dodge Sprinter garage in the province (a mere 630Km away) where the only qualified technician was on vacation for two weeks. So we flew home and my wife and I flew back a month later and drove it home. The problem was an internal fault in the computer, no explanation on what might have caused it only “it happens”. I’m starting to trust it more and we’re going to give it a good work-out this summer. Kim

Thanks for keeping in touch